Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Walking with Evie

Evie and I have started taking walks almost every day. It's gotten much easier to get out with her now that I have the Baby Bjorn carrier. It's so nice! She loves it because she can see out and be upright but she's still close to me so she feels safe and secure and warm. We walk around the neighborhoods close by. Once we drove down to a dead end neighborhood where I used to jog and walked around there for a long time. She fell asleep and it was nice for me to just walk and listen to music and look at the beautiful yards and wooded areas. We also take short walks around our complex because we really live in a very nice complex. I love it here and I'm going to miss it when we go to California.

Yesterday when we were walking we saw a squirrel digging in the dirt. He put something in the hole and then used his front legs to tamp dirt and moss over the top of it. Then he left so I walked over and dug it up to see what it was. It was dried kernels of corn, probably stolen from a bird feeder. I reburied it. It's amazing to think the ground must be full of little stockpiles like that because we have so many squirrels that live around here.

We also found a bike that had been thrown down the hill in to the wooded area. I haven't been able to rescue it because it would be too hard while carrying Evie but the bike looks like it would work although it's probably rusted now from being out in the rain under the damp leaves for weeks.

Seattle is such a wonderful place to live! I love getting out with Evie. I hope she grows up loving the outdoors and nature as much as I do.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay! what a good thing to do! I should do the same - except that walking in the snow with a 2 and 4 year old usually means more playing than walking... :)