Saturday, January 9, 2010

The New Year 2010

I can't believe it's already 9 days into the new year! Time flies when you are having fun, or when you are fighting a little 4 month old who decided 2010 was not her year. Evie flipped a switch New Year's Eve and decided she didn't want to move into a new decade. She's started waking up every couple of hours at night now, she doesn't eat well, as in every feeding is a different problem. Sometimes she wants only me, even when it's 4 in the morning and James has a nice hot bottle all made up for her. Sometimes she won't even consider the breast or breastmilk in a bottle and will scream and cry until we give her formula. Once she even decided that the nipples we've been using on her bottles since the day she was born weren't good anymore and she refused to eat until we switched nipples. Don't ask me how I got around to trying that solution because I don't remember. It was option 1,247. She's also decided that the healthy eating habits James and I have started this year are not tasting good so she's refusing to eat when I'm having salads for lunch. She's only 4 months old and she already hates veggies!!

Other than that, this year has been good. :) James and I have already gotten a hike in. There's a beautiful little conservation area about 15 minutes from our house that has trails running all over it. There are a few uphill parts to so it gives me a workout. Evie and I have been there twice, once just the two of us, once with James. I discovered this little place from a blog called Hike Of The Week. He does reviews of hikes around Washington, mostly Snohomish County and the Olympic peninsula. The conservation area was the hike of the week when I was desperate to get outside and it was beautiful.

I've also made several New Year's Resolutions. I hate the cliche that brings to mind but I really do feel motivated to change so that's what I'm calling it. My goals for the year include:

  • Drawing closer to my Heavenly Father with daily scripture study and attending the temple at least twice a month.
  • Following a healthy eating style to get down to my target weight of 135.
  • Doing some form of exercise every day including the One Hundred Push-ups challenge. I'm also doing the sit-ups challenge from that same site so I can make the baby pooch disappear.
  • James and I are going to have a week where we don't turn on the tv, don't touch the computer except for essentials like paying bills. We will only use our media system to play music. We will entertain ourselves with books and games. I'm so looking forward to this! This will probably happen next week providing Evie has gotten over her monster stage.
James and I had a wonderful evening last night. We got invited out for sushi with his brother and friends. We left Evie with the in-laws and headed out for a few hours. I was sorely in need of this break but I didn't realize how much until we were heading home and I realized I was breathing easier and thinking more clearly than I had for days! It was so much fun to be out with adults having great conversation. Last night was the first night in a very long time that I had actually laughed out loud. We had a blast! First we met up at David's girlfriend Bonnie's apartment which happens to be a caboose converted into a living space. It's so tiny and clever. So cool! Then, we drove in the pouring rain to the U district of Seattle and found the little hole in the wall sushi place David wanted to go to. It turned out to be pretty decent food. Their California rolls were very delicious! It was a great adventure and it definitely recharged my batteries. Thanks, guys for an awesome evening!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! What a great post! Sounds like Evie definitely has her own personality! I hope she gets better for you as the month/year progresses. What great resolutions. You are my hero on that front! Kudos and good luck keeping them!