Monday, March 1, 2010

My Little Girl

It's amazing to me how many little personality quirks Evie has now. She's growing into such a cute little girl and she definitely has a sense of humor. For example:

  • When she's sitting in her little exersaucer and I'm at the computer, I'll glance up to find her watching and as soon as I meet her gaze she starts to giggle and goes back to playing with her toys.
  • She loves my tongue. She'll hold her fingers up to my mouth and I'll stick my tongue out and start playing with her fingers and she'll just laugh and laugh.
  • When she's tired she'll put the backs of her hands over her eyes and lean forward and bury her head in my chest.
  • When I'm rocking her to sleep, she likes to have her face covered or at least buried in the blanket I wrap around her, almost to the point where you'd think she can't breathe.
  • She likes to look out across spaces. She doesn't look at whoever is holding her most of the time. She'll look at someone else in the room. She even looks at the picture of Christ more when I'm holding her.
  • She hates to be laying down most of the time. She's such a busy girl, she likes to sit up and she loves to stand. Of course, she can't stand on her own yet so I end up holding her up alot. Luckily she's learned to sit up on her own with me sitting close by just in case.
  • She is a huge fan of standing in front of the bathroom mirror naked just before her bath. She'll smile and stamp her feet and wriggle all over. It's one of her favorite things to do. She doesn't react the same way fully dressed. It's something about being stark naked in front of the mirror.


Today I finally got my butt in gear and went walking/jogging with Evie in the jogging stroller. It was a blast!! It was gorgeous weather for a walk. Evie was really tired for some reason so she was just kind of mellow but she stayed awake and interested. She seemed to enjoy the outing even though she was tired. I love our jogging stroller. It's so light I don't even feel like I'm pushing anything. The only down side of it is I can already tell if I'm not careful I'll use it as a support which will throw off my jogging posture and kill my joints. I compromised today by only holding on with one hand and switching to keep the exercise even. It was so much fun! I'm so out of shape!!!

I'm also realizing how many clothes Evie has. She's still wearing 3 month old clothes because she's so tiny and today I opened the bottom drawer of her dresser for the first time in at least a month. To my surprise I found a whole stockpile of onsies I didn't remember having down there! :) I bought almost all her clothes in bulk from a lady on Craigslist so I have things from newborn to 1 year and there are just so many clothes. There are a few things she literally only wore once before she was too big for them. Thank goodness she's been wearing the 3 month old clothes longer or we'd be passing up alot of really adorable clothes.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh! What a cute little girl you have! I love her little quirks! Glad you got out jogging. I so need to do that...

Brittany said...

What a wonderful post! Evie sounds like she is growing into a very cute, happy, little girl.

I ended up finding some "extra" 3 month onsies too! Unfortunately they only fit for about 2 weeks :(

I will have to do a quirks post about our little Kaylee-bug.

Heman said...

Thanks for the wonderful update. I love to see both the growth of a wonderful little girl, and her mother. I remember when you were her age, and just as fascinated with life... :-). Part of what I'm sure she like to watch is her Dad.