Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First moments!

Evie rolled over today for the first time. It happened so fast I almost didn't believe it and I immediately rolled her back over so she'd do it again. Bad idea! She had rolled over for a reason and I'd just destroyed that effort. :) She wouldn't roll over again but just sat there and cried until I rescued her (Only a few seconds.) The next time she was awake and fed and happy I put her on her stomach and cheered her on until she rolled over again, the other way this time! She's ahead of the curve according to development charts James and I have studied. I'm so proud of her. She's such a little doll.
Today we also had a breakthrough on her schedule problems. For a while now she's had a hard time going to sleep. She starts crying as soon as I walk her into her room to get ready for bed. Sometimes she's so hysterical I have to just bring her back out and un-swaddle her and hold her until I figured out what to do. The Baby Whisperer book saved us though. I read about feeding problems and figured out that her whole problem has been she's been hungry. That's why she won't fall asleep well and won't stay asleep for longer than 30 minutes. I realized this so I fed her really well and suddenly she was a different baby. She was laughing and talking and when it was time for her nap she went willingly and slept well. It was amazing! Unfortunately, she's gotten lazy at breastfeeding so now I need to train her to get enough that way instead of from the bottle.
All these adventures! Sometimes it's so frustrating but there are moments when it's so rewarding. I can't wait for the next milestone! I'm so excited for her to grow older. :)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you had a breakthrough! And congrats to Evie for rolling over! She is way smart!