Monday, January 28, 2008

Two More Amazing Recipes

Wow! James and I cooked for Elana, Janae and TJ yesterday afternoon and it was a huge success. I have discovered a cooking show that's on when I go jogging in the evenings. It's called Barefoot Contessa and even though it's not healthy food it's really good. I got two recipes from her website to try yesterday. The first one was Portobello Mushroom Lasagna. Very amazing! It's got nutmeg in it which really offsets the taste of the mushrooms and compliments them. I think I put too much in because it was really noticeable but still so good. The dessert was Apple, Pear, and Cranberry Crisp. This was a wonderful dessert. The fruit didn't dry out and stay tough. It got a nice sauce with it but not too runny. The topping was perfect because it was not to much and it turned crispy so the textures were different and wonderful! These were so good they are already going into my permanent cookbook. :) The only problem is Portobello mushrooms are pretty expensive. They cost 7 dollars a pound up here which is was a big turn off for me. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs so it can get expensive. But it's worth it every now that then! The sauce just barely makes enough so try to make it stretch. It gets thick enough you could thin it out with some water. We got raving reviews from the girls and TJ. :) I told them that's why I like to cook.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

Ok, you click on the ticker, then put your pin in the space and click on the "edit/update weight" button. you can't just push enter you have to click on it!

Then it will ask for the pin again before you update the weight information.

When you are finished updating, click "Next" and it should give you a new HTML code to paste into your page element thingy on your blog...just highlight the old HTML and paste the new one in its place.

Let me know if this doesn't work and maybe I can figure something else out. Just make sure you input the pin BOTH times.