Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Evening Home Alone

Well, I figured since I have all this time to myself, I better post on my blog. It's been a while. James and his dad are at The Blue Man Group show in Seattle. His mom got them tickets for Christmas. It was one of the presents I was most excited about because I knew James really wanted to see them. I'm sure I'll hear all about it when he gets home. :) My evening by myself has been quiet but good. I made macaroni and cheese for dinner. Then I decided to make cookies for my work tomorrow. I made snickerdoodles which turned out really yummy! Not healthy though which is why I'm giving them all away.

I never realized before how much I enjoy having James near me even when we aren't interacting. We can spend a whole evening in the same room together and be doing completely different things and still have a wonderful time. I love that about our relationship. We don't have to entertain each other all the time and yet we still know we love each other.

Our wonderful week of sunshine has ended. Tomorrow is supposed to start getting cloudy and by tomorrow night they are forecasting rain or snow. *sigh* oh well, we'll get enough sunshine during the summer. Sadly, with the sunshine came the cold temperatures and I completely forgot about my little tree I've had since I started college. I left it out on the deck and it froze. It's more tropical than I thought because it definitely did not survive the freeze. Neither did my poppy plants but luckily I have more seeds for those. I guess I will have to get another tree.

James and I made a wonderful, easy meal yesterday called Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Click on the name to go to the recipe. It's so easy and so good! Even the leftovers were fabulous. We had to divide them up because we both wanted some. :) We love cooking good food.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad to see you are still alive and well! That recipe looked amazing! Robert and I may have to try it.