I've decided that is my goal for the rest of this month. I need to get back into updating this blog. Evie is getting so cute and so big every day. I really need to keep a record of it. I have the rest of this month and I'm going to try to write every day or at least every other day. I have alot to catch up on including a trip to Utah to visit my family.
It's so amazing to watch Evie crawling now. She's so happy to be able to move and to be able to follow me around. I love getting down on the floor with her and chasing her around or having her chase me around. She's such a little sweetheart. She's started to get more cuddly with me. Sometimes when she's grumpy I'll hold her in my arms and we'll watch something on the laptop together. She'll rest her head on my chest and hold onto one of my fingers and either suck on a toy or her other hand. It's the best feeling in the world.
California is actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I really do love knowing that every day is going to be sunny so we don't have to worry about the weather. I LOVE the pool at our apartment complex. It's very clean and nice and Evie really enjoys floating around on her floaty toy. It's so nice to be able to go there when it gets really hot. I also am totally in love with the YMCA down here. It's brand new, they have a dedicated lap pool, and a free day care for Evie! Evie doesn't enjoy going to the day care but she's getting better and it's good for her to get away from me. Because I enjoy the break from her we are going to the Y almost every day which is awesome for my workout schedule. :) I also love that there is no traffic anywhere here. As long as we don't head toward Los Angeles there is no traffic. It's great!
I do not like having to be inside most of the day because it's so hot outside. If Evie and I do go outside it's just to the pool or we go at 7 in the morning to the park. Other than that we are hopping from car to building and back. Sometimes we get really bored inside.
I'm really missing having a garden and plants around me. I cannot wait to get back to Seattle and start my little farm. :) I'm going to plant a garden in James' parents' backyard and I'm sharing some chickens with a neighbor. She's providing the space and I'm providing the labor. I remembered Seattle today when I was going to get the mail. I was thinking how hot it was just walking to the mailbox and back and I remembered walking to the mailbox in Seattle and how nice it was. I cannot wait to get back there!!
Last night after Evie's bath I let her hang out in the sink wrapped in the towel and she had a blast playing with her reflection. She would put her hand up to the mirror and get all surprised when her reflection mimicked her. Then she would laugh and her reflection would laugh and make her laugh harder. She also loved clapping and having her reflection clap too. She's such a doll!
Today she was playing with blocks while sitting in her highchair. She caught me looking at her, said uh-oh, grabbed a block, and very deliberately dropped it off the side of the chair. She's got such a great sense of humor. :)


1 comments:
What fun stories! I'm so glad you're back. I've missed hearing all about your life! Keep it up girly! Love ya tons and miss you buckets!
Post a Comment