Monday, May 3, 2010

Traveling the Pacific Coast Highway

James' plane at Boeing has been moved down to Palmdale, CA for the rest of it's testing so we are following it down for 6 months. It's a great career move for James and we will make a bunch of extra money to put toward a trip to new Zealand and a house. We were given 4 days to travel down and we took advantage of it. We decided to follow the Pacific Coast highway down from Portland to San Francisco. If you ever have a chance to take that trip please do! It is so beautiful on that road. It was so much fun to just drive and stop where ever we wanted. We saw some amazing sights and had alot of fun. Evie did great traveling down too. She's such a good girl. I've decided to just attach the pictures of our trip and let you take the trip with us. :)

This is where we had breakfast in Newport, OR. It was kind of like Denny's. They loved having Evie there.

Our first view of the ocean was gorgeous! I loved feeling the ocean breeze on my face.

James' mom kindly agreed to come with us on the trip and drive our second car. It gave her an opportunity to spend time with Evie too.


This is the bridge in Newport. It was just so pretty we had to take a picture.

Evie loves traveling!
She's such a happy girl! She didn't sleep much in the car but she did good at night.

I've become obsessed with lighthouses and boats since moving to Seattle.

There's a cave called the Sea Lion cave on the highway so we stopped and paid an outrageous price to hike down and see the Sea Lions in the cave. It was pretty cool.



My dream home.




Evie and James hanging out. She loved having him around so much. She misses him when he's at work.
The ocean from San Francisco.
The Golden Gate Bridge.


Antelope Valley has a poppy preserve just to the north of Palmdale and Lancaster. I absolutely love California poppies.

Almost there!
It was the longest road trip I've ever been on and it was so much fun! We planned so we would only drive about 6 hours a day which gave us some wiggle room to stop and cool places and give Evie time out of the car. Ever since the trip she's kind of soured to her car seat but she's getting better. It was a fun time together as a family!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY for being done with the trip! I so want to take a trip to visit you while you're in Cali. We shall see! Ps - I love the picture of Evie above James' head! So cute!

Brittany said...

I love all the pictures!! I can't wait to see you and Evie in June. You will have to show me all the pictures from the trip. It looks like so much fun!