Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip to Utah

Saturday and Sunday we traveled down to Mona, UT to see my family for Thanksgiving. Evie did very well on the trip. She slept the whole time except when she woke up to eat. She didn't appreciate having to wait for us to pull over to feed her. She thinks she's going to starve if it takes more than 10 seconds to get milk in her mouth. :) We stopped for a couple of hours in the Tri-Cities area to go to TJ and Jen's sealing then we drove on to Boise, ID to spend the night. I'm so glad we decided to break the trip into two days. Now I know we could do it in one but it would be a very long day!

We only had one incident on Sunday when we stopped for gas and to change her diaper. A little background, she has been taking her sweet time between poops and this last time she hadn't pooped since the Sunday before. Well, I smelled something so I figured she had pooped but I had no idea how much. I took her out of her car seat and I noticed some brown patches on her fleece sleeper. I laid her out on the car seat and took opened up her sleeper. Oh man! She had poop from her neck down on everything! I took her arms out of the sleeper and then she got poop on her arms and hands. Her little onesie underneath was soaked! Since I wasn't at home I didn't want to just pull the onesie off over her head because I had no way to clean her and we were in the car. So, I ended up cutting the onesie off of her. :) Lol, it was the most ridiculous situation I've ever been in. I was just imagining someone calling the cops on me when they saw me cutting the onesie off her with James' pocket knife.

I probably used twenty wipes to clean her off and even then she still had mustard color between her toes. Poor little girl was laying on the seat of the car and I had to stand outside to clean her off. So she was naked and cold and getting wiped down with wipes. James had the heater going full blast to combat the cold coming in. She was a good girl considering the position I put her in. We got her all cleaned up and just threw the poopy diaper, the wipes and her clothes into a bag together to take care of later.

It makes me laugh out loud now to think of that incident. :)

It's so nice to be down in Utah with the family. I love being down here in the winter and seeing the snow covered mountains. It's going to be fun this week!

2 comments:

me said...

ahh, explodey poop. how i don't miss that at all!
A lesson I learnt when Xanthe was a baby, always always always carry a change of clothes for a baby, and sometimes for yourself!

Lisa said...

Yuck. Hate that one! We are so glad to be done with that phase!