Sunday, November 1, 2009

Evie's blessing

Here are some pictures of the day!








Evie was blessed today at church. It was such a wonderful experience. James did a great job listening to the Spirit and giving Evie the blessings Heavenly Father wanted her to have. It was so fun to have my entire family minus my brother here. He's in Russia on his mission right now. The rest of my family was awesome about coming up for the weekend! It was a good weekend for them to visit Seattle. We had actual sun and warm temperatures for them. :)

We had a blast getting the two little cousins together for the first time. We took pictures of them laying on a blanket together. It was really fun to see them and see the differences. Kaylee is so much bigger than Evie. She's also paler. It's easy to see that Evie inherited her dad's skin genes when she's with Kaylee. I loved watching how much more animated and strong Kaylee is. I can't wait until Evie can do some of those things, laugh, sit up, grab at things, etc. I also learned alot from my sister about the schedule she has Kaylee on and I have started using that with Evie. She's already showing a better attitude because of the regularity I introduced today.

Evie's first official smile was on Thursday while I was at lunch with James and his team from work. It was so amazing to see her smile! She's such a serious little girl sometimes. She always looks really intense like she's thinking really deep thoughts. My favorite part of her now is her eyes. They are so dark and expressive and her eyelashes are very long. I still think her eyes will be brown but right now they look mostly dark blue.

She's such a beautiful girl!

0 comments: