A couple of weekends ago, James and I went to Gas Works park in Seattle on a sunny Sunday afternoon. It was pretty cold and a little breezy but we still enjoyed it alot. Here's a little history about Gas Works park: "This 20 acre point on Lake Union was cleared in 1906 to construct a plant to manufacture gas from coal - later converted to crude oil. Import of natural gas in the 1950's made the plant obsolete. The city acquired the site for a park in 1962. The park was opened to the public in 1975. The boiler house has been converted to a picnic shelter with tables, fire grills and an open area. The former exhauster-compressor building, now a children's play barn, features a maze of brightly painted machinery." So, it's kind of a unique place for a park/hangout. The old building are fascinating because they don't look like they could have ever done anything useful and they look like they were put there by modern artists. There were alot of people there on rollerblades and bikes. The Burke-Gilman trail that circles Lake Washington has one end at Gas Works. Here are some pictures of what we saw and did there:
James is contemplating the universe while I take a picture of the buildings. Again very crazy and creepy inside!
I'm really excited for summertime when we can take more weekends to do stuff like visiting parks and going camping and playing tourist in Seattle. James finishes school on Monday and then he's free for the weekends! Things are starting to bloom around here. I can't believe I've already seen this time of year up here once before. James and I will have been married for one year this Sunday. Wow! It's flown by. So much has happened and I really believe we have grown so much closer together in that year. We understand each other so well, I can't imagine how it's going to be when we've been married for 50 years. :) I love being married.


1 comments:
She lives!!! It is great to hear about what you and James have been doing! I am hoping to have the time to call you on sunday....I need to call everyone, not just you.
Keep up the good work and in case I don't talk to you until then. Happy Anniversary! What are you guys planning to do?
Post a Comment