Lake 22 is a research area just past the trailhead for Heather Lake where I hiked last week. This hike was longer by almost two miles but seemed easier to me because the slope was more gentle all the way up. It was another gorgeous sunny day with a real cold bite to the morning air. I actually started out wearing my hoodie on this hike but took it off soon once I started climbing. I was following a couple of guys most of the way up but they petered out so I past them and ended up being the first one up to the lake for the day. There's no camping at this lake so everyone has to leave by nighttime. It was beyond serene to be the only one up there for a few minutes.
I loved the scenery on this trail. You follow 22 Creek all the way up to the lake and are graced with several waterfalls along the way.
There was a portion of the switchbacks that was just scrub brush so you can actually look out and see the mountains in the Mountain Loop Highway
This lake seemed alot more tenuous and rugged than Heather Lake, alot less liveable if that make sense.
There were hundreds of alpine wildflowers blooming up at the lake. It was so beautiful!
I believe that's Mt. Pilchuck behind the lake.
Hey, it's me!
I woke up that morning with a slightly sore throat that I thought was just from sleeping with my mouth open. I decided to hike anyway. Turns out, I was getting sick and the hike pushed me over the edge. When I got back home I was nauseous, tired, and felt beat up all over. It was a completely different feeling to the high I got from hiking to Heather Lake. I've been sick ever since. Was it worth it? Oh yes!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment