I found a new adorable book for Evie today called Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson. It is so much fun to read, especially out loud. Unlike most kid's books where they struggle to make the rhymes work and the meter of the poem doesn't really sound good, this book get the meter spot on and it sound so great when read out loud. It's so nice to find new books for Evie that I love because the majority of Evie's books are childhood favorites of mine. "The witch and her cat are happily flying through the sky on a broomstick when the wind picks up and blows away the witches hat, then her bow, and then her wand! Luckily, three helpful animals find the missing items, and all they want in return is a ride on the broom. But is there room for so many friends? And when disaster strikes, will they be able to save the witch from a hungry dragon?" Just writing this makes me want to go read it again! :)
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What a cute book!!! It's been really fun now that Kirk and Sara are in school. They bring home books every day. And we make weekly trips to the library. I have found that I LOVE David Shannon and Mo Willems. They write some dang funny stuff. Plus we love the Little Critter series and all my other favorites. Definitely has been a fun thing to get used to! :)
Post a Comment