Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three for Thursday

Three confessions:
1. When I was younger I didn't like chocolate so I told everyone I was allergic. Later on, I had to hide chocolate to eat because I was too embarrassed to admit I liked it.
2. I take my time getting home from the store when it's just me in the car.
3. I have to lose 80 pounds to be down to my ideal weight.

Three things I do to beat the heat:
1. This one is hard when you live in Seattle where it's not too hot. Evie and I go swimming.
2. Take a cold, cold shower. I love it!
3. Get into the mountains where it's cooler.

Three lessons, skills, or new tricks I have learned this past month:
1. I have learned how to replace the elastic in Evie's cloth diapers
2. I have learned that most chiropractors are scammers and will do anything to trick you out of your money. Ask your insurance company first!
3. Never volunteer for cub scouts!

Three things that motivate me to be a better person:
1. Evie and James!
2. Being around the general public
3. Pictures of myself

Three things I would do if I wasn’t “Mommy”, married, and burdened with cares:
1. Go back to school for Forestry or Parks and Recreation
2. Become a Forest Ranger (turns out my original dream is still my dream today)
3. Travel

Three people I call first:
1. My dear husband
2. My sister Brittany
3. My best friend Lisa

Three things I changed about my parenting after testing them out on my guinea pig child (first child):
1. I guess I can't properly answer this one since I only have one child so far.
2. One thing James and I have noticed we do that we never thought we would is be those parents who never give their child fast food or candy or junk food. It just kind of came naturally.

Three things that make me cry:
1. Beautiful music
2. Evie's baby videos
3. Bearing my testimony

Three things I’m going to accomplish before the summer is over:
1. Lose 50 pounds
2. Finish Evie's crosstitch (all my friends need to stop having babies so I can finish my own!)
3. Go on at least one backpacking weekend with James (Memorial Day weekend if anyone wants to join us!)

Three pictures from our hike today:



2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I think about you hiking and I get a little jealous. I want to go!

Music makes me cry too!

You are a fantastic mother Jenetta! You really amaze me! Thanks for joining in today!

Lisa said...

Awww!!!! Thank you for saying I'm your best friend! I miss you and so need to chat. Call me sometime!!! And DEFINITELY let me know when you're coming to town!!! Love you lots!