Monday, January 3, 2011

Evie's new words

I just had to write these down before I forget. Evie, just in the past couple of days has learned several new words. When we were at church on Sunday we spent most of the Sacrament Meeting out in the foyer.  As usual, we were sitting on the couch behind which a painting of Christ with the Rich Man hung. Each week we point that picture out to Evie and explain who's in the painting. This week, as soon as we got out in the foyer she ran over pointed to the painting and said "Jesus!" It was so cute! I almost got tears in my eyes knowing she was paying attention all those times we pointed her Elder Brother out to her.
Evie has also learned the word 'dancing'. She loves bobbing her head and body to a beat and now she's learned that is dancing and will say the word and then start dancing. :) She'll even start dancing when there's no music if we say the word to her. It's adorable!
She got her first real taste of snow today. We got about 3 inches last night of big fluffy snow so this morning Evie and I went out and played for a while. She was so cute about it. She loves scooping it up and throwing snowballs. We made a snowman and slide down the snow covered slide at the play area. It was great!
I love discovering the world all over again with her. She's so much fun!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad to see a post from you sister! Lol, I am posting again today too!

Isn't listening to them learn words wonderful? Kaylee tries several new words every day, but most haven't stuck around in her vocabulary yet.

Lisa said...

She is adorable! I love when they say Jesus! It just melts your heart!