Friday, September 24, 2010

Tag, you're 8!

My friend Evelyn did a post today answering eight questions she was given by a friend. Even though I wasn't tagged for the next eight questions they just looked like so much fun, I had to give answers anyway. :)  So here they are.

1. Did you swear you'd never do something when you became a parent and now find yourself doing? Fess up.


I don't think I've been a parent long enough to have anything like this happen. I had no idea how the first year would be so I didn't know what I didn't want to do.
2. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?


Avocados, Shrimp, and Cheeses. Oh, now I'm hungry!
3. Retell your worst dating experience.


My worst date was prom my junior year of high school. My other friends felt bad I hadn't been asked so they got a guy to ask me on a pity date. He was over a foot taller than me, danced the waltz to 4/4 time, and drove me in a trashy suburban to and from the dance. I don't remember much of the rest of it but that dancing while the rest of the school laughed is burned into my memory.
4. What was the most recent thing that made you cry?


The news. There was a story about a little 2 year old who had wandered away from a family barbeque in July and drowned in a ditch. Luckily, he was found in time and they were able to revive him with no ill effects so far. I've been weirdly emotional lately. Don't know why. No, I'm not pregnant!
5. Favorite childhood memory. Go!


My absolute favorite memory is living in Shelley, ID where we had a really long gravel driveway. My sisters and I used to put the hose at one end and dig out a stream down to the other end. Then we would make leaf "boats" and float bugs down the stream. We spent hours at this and scraped our fingers raw from digging out the gravel. I don't think my dad appreciated the big ruts in the driveway. :)
6. What piece of advice have you received that you will NEVER forget? Good or bad.


I've been told I never finish things, that I give up easily so when ever I start to feel like a project is getting tough I remember those words in my mind.
7. You're driving, approaching an intersection and the light is yellow. What do you do? Would your answer change if your kids weren't in the back seats? Would your answer change if your mother-in-law was in the passenger seat?


I absolutely would stop if the light was already yellow when I was approaching. If it turns yellow when I'm close I'll speed up to get through the light. Not in California though because they have cameras at every intersection. Nazis! I drive much more carefully when Evie is in the car but I don't really care if my mother-in-law is there because James drives just as aggressively as I do and he doesn't worry about her opinion.
8. What do you do to keep your eye on the prize when it all just gets to be too much?


I actually can't answer this right now because I'm still dealing with the depression and getting my balancing act together. When it gets to be too much I just let everything drop except Evie and basically baby myself. Not good, but there it is. I'm getting much better now that I have an awesome play group to interact with and a wonderful gym that I actually want to go to. And I'm off the pill which makes it a hundred times better. I've been on hormones since college so I'd forgotten how good it feels to just have normal hormones again.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE your answers! I'm sorry you are still struggling with depression. It sucks. I wish we were closer!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Thanks for playing along. I'm glad someone took me up on it. I loved that house you guys had in Shelly too. I still remember taking a wrong turn somewhere and falling down the stairs. Ohhh! The pain!

Brittany said...

Lol, I had TOTALLY forgotten about that Evelyn!! I remember being afraid that you had broken your neck or something.