Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going to the Hospital

So, Evelyn got really quiet over the weekend and I started to get nervous. I am usually more active on the weekends because I'm getting things done so I figured that was why she wasn't moving as much or I just wasn't paying attention. I got an awesome night's sleep Sunday night because it was finally cool enough to sleep so on Monday I figured she'd pick up while I was at work. When she didn't I thought it was maybe just because I was on my feet a good part of the morning. Then I laid down in the evening to do my fetal movement counting and she still didn't move. Normally, I can lay on my side after dinner and it's like a trigger or something. She immediately starts kicking first on the down side and then all over. Last night she didn't. There were a couple of small kicks but after an hour I hadn't felt more than 4-5 kicks. Usually it doesn't take that long to get to 10 kicks. I waited a little longer then started to get nervous so I called the doctor on call. She said if Evelyn wasn't moving like normal I should come in and get monitored. So at nine last night James and I went to the hospital to get the baby monitored. We walked in and they set me up in a bed. This is the first time I've been to the hospital in a long, long time. Since I was a child I think. I had to change into a gown and lay down with a curtain around the bed. There was a lady behind the curtain next to me who was really nervous about her baby. She said she actually started crying when the monitor brought up the heartbeat because she didn't expect to hear it. I wasn't quite that worried because I'd felt a couple of kicks but I was worried something was wrong. Turns out there was nothing to worry about. Of course. :) The cost was worth the peace of mind though. James was relieved as well. The nurse was really nice and helpful. It felt so good to hear Evelyn's heartbeat and to feel a couple more kicks while I was laying there. They also tracked her little movements and said she looked just right.
Today of course she's moving alot more. Who knows what happened over the weekend. Maybe she decided to take a vacation from kicking and pushing. I was just glad to have her back today. :)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh scary!! Its good that everything is ok! Good for you for going in to be monitored. Kaylee would take breaks, but I would just drink something ultra sugary or eat a candy bar (some times both) and she would move more.

Evie, stop scaring your parents like that!!

Lisa said...

I so understand that! We were in the hospital once for Kirk! I'm so glad she was OK!