Wow, it's been a long time since I posted. I have been so sick throughout this entire pregnancy. I don't feel bad at all for not posting. There has been nothing interesting to post about because all I've been doing is throwing up for the past 3 months. :) Luckily, that's subsided. I still feel nauseous on the days that I'm stressed, which is pretty much every day I go to work. I started showing pretty early but now I'm really showing. It's a cute little belly. :) I like it. It's actually getting in my way. I keep almost bumping into stuff when I sit down because I'm not used to my belly being this big. I also haven't gained much weight which is awesome since I was overweight to begin with.
Yesterday was the big day where we had our ultrasound to find out what gender the baby is. Up until now I haven't really had any feelings one way or the other about which I would prefer. I haven't really felt well enough to think about it. James came with me to this appointment and we went into the ultrasound room. It was so cool to have James there because he was so curious and so excited. This ultrasound was so interesting because she was measuring everything and the baby was finally big enough to be able to see things pretty clearly. She started at the top of the head and worked down the body taking measurements. :) I was so anxious to just get to the bum and find out. Just before she got there I had an overwhelming feeling that I hoped it was a girl and I would be disappointed if it was a boy. Then she got a clear view and said it was a girl!! :) It took James a few times asking for it to sink in. As soon as the ultrasound was over he ran outside to text everyone we knew. :) Then the doctor came in and we did another ultrasound so she could look things over too. She was pushing down pretty hard with the probe and I could see the baby moving on the screen. Then the baby started pushing against the probe and I could feel her! That is the first time I've actually been aware of her moving. It was the coolest feeling to be able to see her moving and feel her at the same time! Now, I can feel little flutters alot and I know what it feels like so I know it's her.
We got home and called everyone, James was getting answering texts all evening. It was great! I'm really starting to get excited about this pregnancy now. We are halfway done! Hooray!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
It's a Girl!
Posted by Anonymous at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congrats! Girls are so much fun. I am sorry that you have not been feeling well. I was more sick with my first one than I was with my second one. Hopefully it gets better for you. I am so excited for you two. Have you thought of any names???? Congrats again!!
We have thought of names. If we were having a boy we would have used Isaac Layton Hansen. The girls name we picked out is Evelyn Marie Hansen. We also like Zoe and Olivia.
Even though I'm a little disappointed that you stole my name I'm so excited for you guys. Will start knitting something cute this week, but maybe not that shark hat that James likes.
What kind of colours do you like?
Post a Comment