Saturday, February 14, 2009

8 Weeks and Counting and Happy Valentines Day!

:) Today is a good day to write about being pregnant because I actually feel pretty good today. It's been a rough few weeks so far. I'm nauseous every day with the exception of a couple of days. Nothing sounds good to eat and I feel sick just at the thought of cooking. It's driving me and James crazy because we are used to cooking all the time! I've found that the more I have to work for my food the less I want to eat it. So, we've had to go to simple meals like mac and cheese and sandwiches. I eat cereal for breakfast and I'm addicted to banana's because they don't make me sick. I have a doctor's appointment in a week and a half. We won't be doing an ultrasound but I think they said we would listen to the baby's heart. The first ultrasound will be at 12 weeks. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!

This morning James had to work, so I've been puttering around the house. I'm so glad I feel good today. It's a relief to feel good on the weekend because then I can actually get things done. During the week adrenaline keeps me from feeling sick at work but when I get home, I just collapse and can't move or do anything. I feel like a horrible wife because even hugging James makes me feel sick and yet at the same time I miss his hugs so much and they make me feel better.

James bought a special computer just for our tv, it's a media center computer. All the parts came yesterday so he spent last night putting it together and has been playing with it remotely all morning while he's at work. It's so funny to watch him moving stuff around on the computer while I'm sitting here. :) When he knew I was watching he brought up a web page about how a cure for a nagging wife. lol He thinks he's so funny!

The best part about my relationship with James is that we can joke about stuff like that all the time and never worry that the other person is serious. I feel like we know each other so well we just know we could never intentionally hurt the other person. We trust each other completely and it's an amazing feeling! We are so secure in our love for each other we don't even need to celebrate Valentines Day in the traditional way. We are always doing things like that for each other. :) I love my husband with all my heart!

The interesting thing about working while I'm pregnant is that I have not had time to even contemplate the fact that I'm pregnant. I had a few days where I was getting pretty depressed because the only thoughts that were coming through was I was pregnant and had no idea how I was going to be a mom! I was freaking out. :) I had to start reading the What to Expect book to help me feel like I was actually doing something for my pregnancy. I am feeling more confident and hopeful. I cannot wait to stop working though so I can start nesting and preparing in earnest for this baby.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I am so excited for you!! You need to get a baby ticker up on your blog, so we can all watch your little one grow. I can't wait to see your ultrasound pictures and everything.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day again! Love you!

Lisa said...

You are a doll! And you will be a fantastic mother! Don't you worry! And if you ever have any questions. . . feel free to call. I've got experience, even if I haven't earned any knowledge from it! Love ya lots!

me said...

Don't panic about being a "mom", If i can do it, I'm sure you can! I bet you can do it 3 times better than me too! You seem like such a natural.
How nice it must be for you to know james is joking with the nagging wife thing, whenever Nic says things like that i know he's not joking :(
Oh, and given nic's family's aversion to ultrasounds I'm in the mindset that they're kinda bad and should be avoided, but if it were me, I'd skip the 12 week one and get one around 18-20 weeks because thats the anatomy one and you'll most likely be able to find out the sex at that stage, where as the 12 week seems a little superfluous.
Either way, good luck!