It's happened. We are going to be parents. :) I'm still in quite a bit of shock. I just took the pregnancy test this morning and so every now and then it just hits me and I feel a nervous twinge in my stomach. I have been pouring over What to Expect When You're Expecting for weeks and preparing myself mentally but it's still very overwhelming. I almost started crying when I called and told my parents. I woke up about 6:30 this morning and took the test. Then I just sat around and thought for an hour and a half and let James sleep. When I woke him up I didn't even have to say anything. He just knew. He rolled over and gave me a huge hug. We are both in shock but very excited at the same time. I can't believe I'm going to be a mom!
We already have our names picked out. Evelyn Marie Hansen if it's a girl and Isaac Layton Hansen if it's a boy. I'm already constantly thinking about what I'm doing and what I'm eating. I've been looking at all the recipes in the Eating Well When You're Expecting book. We've made one already and it was very yummy. I'm hoping I can keep from being too nauseous. I think alot of it has to do with your mental attitude. If you expect to be sick, you probably will be. :) I'm trying to be positive about morning sickness and just hoping I can survive.
James' new job at Boeing is the perfect thing to happen to us when we are pregnant. They have awesome benefits! I'm so excited to prepare for this new baby. The first thing that came to my mind when I realized I was pregnant was: "And Mary kept these things and pondered them in her heart." It was nice to have the news all to myself for a little while this morning. So happy!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Our Big News!
Posted by Anonymous at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Even though I already told you, I will be the first to say....CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I can not believe how excited I am for you! You should take a few more tests just to make sure...unless you already did that. If it were me I would have taken like 5 already. Good luck with the morning sickness thing, and keep this updated so I can hear all about your pregnancy!
I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!
So excited!!!! :) I'm so glad for you! It's awesome to be a mom! (By the way - what's Dannelle's blog??)
Post a Comment