Wow, it's been a while. *shamed smile* Let's just say I've been stressed and busy and dealing with things way beyond my mental capacity for a while. So, my previous boss was extremely upset when I said I was leaving. Because Compass group wanted me to start so quickly I could only give him about a week's notice of my quitting. He figured since I was only going to be around a week I might as well leave immediately so I ended up having all last week off work. Normally I would have loved that but I didn't get paid for that time so I was feeling guilty and upset most of the week. It was not fun. I did end up getting quite a bit done though which was nice. I planted the rest of my garden, tomatoes, peppers, more herbs, spinach, chard, and peas. The peas have already started sprouting which is so awesome! I can't wait to eat them. I need to get some netting for my pots because we have tons of pesky squirrels who like to try and bury things in my pots. I just know they are going to get to the peas and everything before I do unless I do something to keep them out. I also planted strawberries which I'm very excited for!
Unfortunately, it's been typical Seattle weather since I planted them so I've been covering them at night and praying they get enough light during the day so they don't die. I also have aphids attacking my thyme which is so frustrating! I really don't want to eat fresh herbs if they are going to be infested like that. So, I brewed my own aphid spray by boiling several cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of cayenne in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes. Then I strained it into a spray bottle. As soon as the sun comes out I'm going to murder those insects chomping my thyme! On a happier note, I have now been to two days of the new job and so far I love it! The people I work with are awesome. I enjoy having structure in the office again (can't believe how much I missed it! Structure is so important, people!) I get free lunch every day, Monday I had grilled salmon and today I had a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. It's great variety and so far it's been excellent food. I just have to try and ignore the pizza bar and cheesecake section. I can already grasp some of my responsibilities firmly. I enjoy that I'm able to move about the campus. I'm not stuck in a cubicle all the time although if I chose to be, I could make it happen. I have to keep reminding myself there's a learning curve because I want everything to make sense immediately and I know it's impossible for that to happen. If it all made sense right off, there would be no room for growth.
James had a great interview last Friday for a position that would be a great starting point for his career. He's flying to SF this week for another interview. We are pretty sure he's not going to take it because the cost of living down there is extremely high compared to here and he'd be working in downtown which would scare me! Things are progressing for the Hansen family. :)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
What a Slacker!
Posted by Anonymous at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
YAY for my big sister! Gargening and new jobs, you and your hubby are getting off to a great start.
Your little plants are so cute! And I am sure you will adjust to your new job.
Keep up the posting! It makes my day better to hear about your life!
Post a Comment