Lol I look at my last post and remember how I was feeling when I wrote it. Unfortunately I didn't do so well on turning over a new leaf. It's been a while since I worked out and although I've been eating better it's now the holiday season and all the candy is calling my name. I made peanut brittle yesterday and couldn't help eating some. :) It took two batches but I got it made and it turned out really yummy. I'm very tempted to make divinity this afternoon. This week has been very eventful. Well....let's start with Thanksgiving first.
James and I left early Wednesday morning last week for our flight down to Utah which was unevenful. We made it on time and drove straight up to Idaho. It was so much fun to see all the family again. I really enjoy the feeling of being around all those familiar faces and seeing my family again was so great I was feeling homesick by the end just thinking about leaving. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional foods and trimmings. I ate less than I thought I would which was a good thing and we went for a wonderful hike after dinner which burned it all off. For the first time in my life I hiked up Camelback which is a traditional hike my family always seems to take whenever we go to Idaho. It was beautiful and cold enough that it felt good to be moving fast. We spent a couple of days in Idaho then drove back down to Utah. We went to see James' friend Eric at work which was great. He's one of my favorites of James' friends. It was so nice to be home and to see all the old familiar things there. James and I got to sleep in the parents bed for a night which was a treat. I want a bed like that I've decided. :) My parents are getting rid of books they have extra copies of so we brought alot of my favorite childhood books home with us. I have loved reading them again and remembering how much I loved those stories. It was very interesting the weather differences from Seattle and Utah. My hair was full of static and my lips were constantly chapped. It was wonderful to be home though and I can't wait to come down for my cousin Ely's wedding reception in January. The week since we've been back has been chaotic. I received a job offer from the painting company just before we left so this week I've been negotiating my wages and benefits. We also just got the Honda Civic we've been looking at inspected and decided on a price for the car. We get the title signed over tomorrow and then we'll be the proud owners of a new car! I'm really excited to replace my Subaru.
Yesterday we woke up to a skiff of snow all over which melted away pretty quickly.
We went to the Nutcracker Ballet that afternoon. It was so beautiful. I really love that music. I could listen to it all year long. It's very inspired. We got back just in time because it started to snow with a vengence that evening.It was very beautiful that evening. Someone made a comment today in Church about how hushed everything seems when it snows and it's so true. I love that about a snow fall. It's just peaceful.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
New Beginnings
Posted by Anonymous at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow your pictures are wonderful! I didn't realise that it snows there. I just figured it got cold and stayed wet 99% of the time. Lol, I guess I was wrong. Make sure you post about your new car! Love you!
Hey you! Good to know you made it home safe! :) Glad to see you have a new car and maybe a new job! Good luck with all of it.
Post a Comment