Sunday, December 9, 2007

Decorating for Christmas

James and I decorated for Christmas for the first time a couple of nights ago. It was so much fun! I went and got our tree during the day then we decorated it that night. It's about as tall as I am and looks so great sitting in front of our fireplace. No fires until after Christmas! :) James' family has a tradition of getting the same ornament for ever person in the family every year. Usually the ornaments have something to do with something that happened that year. Last year the ornament was a heart to represent James and I getting engaged. So we had plenty of ornaments to hang on the tree this year. We are going to Leavenworth next weekend and maybe we'll find an ornament to start out our collection. I also have other decorations I've collected including a toll painted nativity set I made myself, a horse and sleigh made of wood I got from Hawaii last Christmas, and an angel chime set run by candles I picked up when we were on our honeymoon in Victoria, BC. It's a humble decoration but I love it because it's the start of our traditions in our family.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

I love your decorations! Um what is the little angel chime thing called on the box? I am wondering if I can find it online and buy one.