Saturday, May 14, 2011

The For Real Diet

Well, not really a diet as more of a life change. James and I decided when he got back from California that we were going to take care of ourselves better. We started the life change outlined in the book Eat to Live. Although we are not following it to the letter we are for the most part vegans for the next 6 weeks or in my case until I get my weight where I want it to be.


So far this has been awesome! I feel so much lighter already and so much happier too. I no longer have this cloud of guilt hanging over my head from my last meal. We eat fruit for breakfast and primarily veggies for the rest of the day. We allow a few unrefined carbs in our dinner meal but that's about it. I love it!!

Whenever I feel like I just have to have something dripping with grease or sugar I just have to remember how I felt the last time I did that. I can feel the minute I eat something I shouldn't have. I suddenly feel heavier and later on I just have turmoil in my digestive system. I'm discovering that I don't like how I feel when I drink milk. No more cereal in the morning for me. :)

This feels so much better than all the other diets or attempts I've tried to lose weight. I can feel the benefits right away and I love that more than anything. I just wanted to put this out there so the whole world can know the change I'm trying to make in my life. I love that it's working so far.

The reasons I'm doing this are:
  • To be able to buy clothes that fit right instead of just good enough because my curves are all wrong. I am saving for a whole new wardrobe as my present to myself when I reach my goal weight.
  • To be able to keep up with Evie so she doesn't fall into the couch potato trap by association.
  • To have a longer, fuller life because I can do things I am unable to do while I'm so heavy.
  • To follow the Lord's direction that my body is a temple and I should treat it as such. I firmly believe one of the reasons we are here on Earth is to conquer this body and bring it under our spirit's rule and reign so I'm working on that.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Good for you guys! I hope it works for you, I didn't like that diet much.

I am excited for when I am not pregnant because I am going to start the P90X program.

Lisa said...

Awesome. I'm so glad for you! I need to get my rear in gear and start this!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Have you tried soy milk? I find that I love that on my cereal now instead of cow's milk. Try the Vanilla kind. It goes down a little easier.