This has got to be proof the world is ending. I don't think Seattle has ever seen so much snow since the last ice age. I'm not sure how I feel about this. One the one hand if it means no work, I'm happy. On the other hand, I hate having to pick our way gingerly to anywhere in our car. This weekend has been a good one. I'm going to miss the serenity of work last week. Because I was the only one there for most of the week I really enjoyed the peace and quiet and the control I had over everything that happened. I was able to just get things done without worrying about other people. James and I went to Seattle yesterday with his sister Janae and her fiance to take engagement pictures. Because they are from Australia and Seattle they want pictures in both places so we got chosen to take the pictures here. It was a very cold day and cloudy and the wind was blowing but we got some cute pictures. I think we must have taken around 300 pics and we just gave them all to Janae to sort through and play with. After that we went to Pike's Place Market where they bought us lunch in return. Then we explored a little and I found a place that sells quail eggs. Not sure why, but I wanted to buy some to cook with. I discovered later on that there's not too many uses for quail eggs that you can't use regular eggs with. :) Guess I'll be making very small omelets or something. Today was nice. We went to church for the first time in three weeks (the past two were spent at the airport.) After church we took a nap and then decided to make this soup we've been wanting to make for a while. It's Coconut Shrimp Soup and it turned out to be really good! Very spicy but we enjoyed it alot. The only bad thing is it has alot of curry in it so we are going to smell Indian for a couple of days. Our apartment needs airing out now too. It was worth it though! Hope everyone else's weekend was good too!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment